So my birthday is this weekend and if you haven't noticed with my recent wish list I am excited! Yes I know, this is a milestone and I am okay with it! It is a pretty surreal. I have gotten so many surprised reactions from people when I tell them I am turning 50 that it has actually made me feel pretty good! Just yesterday a new acquaintance I made wanted to know what eye cream I use because she could not believe it when I told her my age! Makes me feel pretty darn good! So I figured it was time for an update on my 50 x fifty list! I still have several things to check off, but I did allow the list to be for the whole year not just up until my birthday.
the one thing I really learned from this list is that it became something to reach for. Obtainable goals o work into everyday life. Several times my girls at the office have asked "so what on your list have you done, or what needs to be done? " It has been great and I may do a smaller version every year for goal settings! So here it is... the list!
1. Attend "Blog Shop" preferably in person
3. Shop in the West Bottoms on First Fridays
4. Finally have my Grandmothers barrel chair reupholstered
9. Lose 20 lbs
10. Take a photography class
11. Girls road trip weekend
12. Invest in another designer bag I have it narrowed down... did you see my birthday list?
15. Go to Dallas for the Weekend
18. Make a weekly meal plan and follow it Working at it.. still needs a little work
19. Start a new linkup on my blog, Who wants to join?
21. Have a stay cation
25. Do a 5k Already planned for August
26. Visit a local winery
27. Create a will
28. Bake a carrot cake from scratch (my sis in laws mother's recipe I shared here)
29. Shop at the new Ikea... Opening in KC this fall
33. Pay for the persons coffee in line behind me
34. Write more handwritten notes and snail mail send them Needs some work here
39. Bake gluten free treats Have them... just need to bake them now!
40. Host a party at my house
41. Attend my nieces wedding in Minneapolis
43. Take updated family photos with all my boys
44. Take my daughter in law shopping at Nell Hills (The best shopping ever)
45. Surprise my mom with a visit
50. Celebrate my birthday in style Did you see my wish list?